Indiana Pundit

 

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Brown Follows Irving's Lead

In case you haven't noticed, Bill Brown now has billboards. I've even seen them next to those of Marla. Its obvious nobody from his campaign reads my posts.

Now I've already given my views on the why using billboards as a main campaign tool is a bad campaign tactic in the Marla's Billboards piece. This goes beyond that to a more fundamental rule in campaigning.

A challenger should never mimic the tactics of his/ her opponent. It gives the impression that that the challenger lacks leadership and independent thinking.


On a sidenote, when I see a candidate use billboards before using other more efficient media I see somebody who doesn't look to get the best value out of the money they spend. This is important to me when I entrust such individuals with my tax money.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dan Turkette said...

Sounds like Lowes and Home Depot, or CVS and Walgreen.

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My team decided to use the "Big Hit" billboard piece because it is a great value in outdoor advertising and a highly effective awareness tool. I am well known in the community and we believe this blitz will hieghten name I.D. and return the investment. We plan on doing yards signs, direct mail and the other stuff everybody else does. Also, having a contributor so highly motivated for change that they wanted to pay for the billboards was factored in. To use their money for something they wanted seemed like a good use of campaign funds. Time will tell.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Indiana Pundit said...

This brings me to a new point. Never turn down the wishes of a contributor willing to pay for an ad campaign (unless it would adversely affect the campaign)

Thank you Bill for explaining this situation. It brings a different light to the situation.

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unless, of course, that person is a corporation and they have contributed a combined amount of over $2000.00.

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

iP

Email

Resource Links

Blog Links

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Copyright 2006 ©. Indiana Pundit.
All Rights Reserved.