Indiana Pundit

 

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Four Questions With Karen Goldner

Q: What makes you think you are the most qualified candidate in your race?

It’s up to the voters of the 2nd District to decide who is the most qualified to represent them, and they will do that on Election Day. But I think that I bring a wealth of experience and a unique perspective to this race that would be beneficial additions to City Council.

For the past 20 years, I have worked for better neighborhoods, better jobs and a better future for Fort Wayne within City government, in the private sector and as a community volunteer. Whether helping people find jobs in the 1980s, loaning money to businesses to grow new jobs in the 1990s, or working with high tech entrepreneurs today, my professional life has been focused upon creating and keeping good jobs in our community. I think that must be our #1 priority, and I will be its strongest advocate on City Council.

I have the same passion for strengthening our neighborhoods. They are the building blocks of a healthy city. Serving on my neighborhood association board, I have tackled a wide variety of issues first hand. So I will strive to make all our neighborhoods free of crime, with great places for our children to play, homes that grow in value, sewers that work, and routes convenient for walking and biking, as well as cars.

My final comment must be emphasized again and again. I will be a prudent, practical, watchful voice on City Council, ensuring we make smart decisions with every taxpayer dollar.

Q: What personal attribute do you hope to bring to city council if elected?

I like to take on challenges and solve problems. If we want a future filled with opportunity for ourselves and our families, then it starts with the choices that we make today. I have a track record of working to make Fort Wayne a place we can all be proud to call home. Now, I want to put my ideas, my energy and my know-how to work on behalf of the 2nd District and all of Fort Wayne .

Q: What issue(s) are at the forefront for what you want to address?

Jobs and economic development.

Q: Soapbox question. Anything else you'd like to say?

I love Fort Wayne and look forward to the opportunity to serve our citizens.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

iP

Email

Resource Links

Blog Links

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Copyright 2006 ©. Indiana Pundit.
All Rights Reserved.