Indiana Pundit

 

Monday, November 06, 2006

General Thoughts on the Routine of Voting

Tomorrow is a time when many of us go to the polls to determine the direction of our country, state, and local community. But how often do we go through this like it is a routine. How often do we give contemplation to the act we are about commit. So often we as Americans take for granted our right to vote. I like the approach Robert Enders takes. Here is a quote from his latest post at his blog.

"Every election, I walk to the polls, no matter what the weather is like. It has become a tradition for me. When I walk by myself to the polls, I am one man with one vote. They can take my house and my car, but I will always have the right to vote."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robert, you're a genius. I may have to cross party lines over that one. I'd walk, but there's no sidewalks out here in Aboite and Covington Road is quite scary

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

iP

Email

Resource Links

Blog Links

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Copyright 2006 ©. Indiana Pundit.
All Rights Reserved.