Indiana Pundit

 

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Did Graham Shoot Himself in the Foot?

Yesterday IP reported on how Graham Richard's endorsement of GiaQuinta was more about early campaigning for himself than it was for supporting a candidate for the 80th House seat. In the JG Nikki Kelly interviewed Geoff Paddock about the endorsement. (report)

“I have known Graham Richard for 30 years and when I talked with him about this campaign he said he was going to stay neutral and I took him at his word,” he said.

Paddock said he talked with Richard specifically about the campaign twice and was assured both times the mayor would not endorse a candidate.

The real test for Graham will come on Monday when campaign finance reports come out. If Paddock has the same support for his current campaign as he has for his school board campaign then Graham could take a financial blow in next year's mayoral race.

Paddock has some big name backers as listed on his last CFA filing. If Graham broke his word with Paddock, many of Paddock's backers may withhold funding for the mayoral race next year. This would be a stern reprisal to the mayor who will already face an uphill battle to retain his position next year.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mike gouloff is a big graham supporter and he is hosting a fundraiser for geoff. weird

5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand the Henry clan is in the Paddock camp.

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Graham knows to back a winner.

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That must mean he didn't back Phil GiaQuinta when Phil ran for County Treasurer and lost.

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come you only listed Hayhurst and Boyd for choices on your poll?

I would like to have the opportunity to NOT cast a vote for a candidate who supports abortion. Meaning I don't want to be limited to choosing between the two pro-aborts you have listed.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Indiana Pundit said...

Sorry, but they are not considered as viable candidates because neither is on the ballot in all counties of the 3rd Congressional District. Boyd and Hayhurst have fulfilled that requirement.

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or do you also mean, "Sorry, Indiana Pundit happens to be pro-abortion, too"?

7:27 PM  
Blogger Indiana Pundit said...

A candidate has never been excluded on this site based on their platform, personal stance on an issue, or political party.

11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO ONE (presumably including Indiana Pundit, right?) is pro-abortion. What many of us are is PRO CHOICE. Funny, I don't trust Congress or the Indiana General Assembly to know better than my doctor, my family and my self (and if I want, my minister or rabbi) to decide my own health care. I don't trust politicians to tell me what to do to my body. That doesn't make me pro-abortion.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Andrew Kaduk said...

HEHEHE. I've never heard abortion so euphemistically referred to as "health care" before this thread. I suppose in some cases it may be exactly that...but I'm no doctor, so I haven't the faintest idea. I just think it's a funny way to frame that argument.

12:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May be funny to you, Andrew, until you get to share your doctor's office with a legislator of the religous right's choice.

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did you know I used to get treated for dermatology problems by State Senator Gary Dillon, M.D.?

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

iP

Email

Resource Links

Blog Links

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Copyright 2006 ©. Indiana Pundit.
All Rights Reserved.