Indiana Pundit

 

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The Timing Aspect to Name ID Tools

Timing is everything.

When you put out a billboard, yard sign, or other kind of name ID tool you have to maximize exposure without while minimizing negatives that arise from the tool itself.

Marla put her billboards up early. Had she left them up it would have raised her negatives (they are now starting to disappear around the county). This is not due to content or presentation but because voters tend to get sick of political ads the longer they are out.

An ad that overstays its visibility causes collateral damage to activities that follow it. It increases the negatives for the candidate.

When planning an activity to raise name recognition a campaign needs to plan from election day and go backward. The effectiveness of all campaign activities should peak around that time. If you put an ad out too early the negatives it creates are rising at the time when voters go to the polls.


Zone A. The name ID device is put out too late.
Zone B. This is where you need to be on election day.
Zone C. It came out too early.

1 Comments:

Blogger Indiana Pundit said...

Bill Larsen left a comment. This is the short version. Sorry Bill but it was too long.

Name ID is critical. In 2002, my issue was better known than my name. I was referred to the guy who wanted to end Social Security. In 2002 I received 3% of the vote. In 2002 with Souder declining a debate, no TV or Radio, I went back to yard signs and continued to speak with people one on one. I received 21% of the vote, a seven-fold increase. I attribute this increase to word of mouth. Now it is 2006 Mark Souder still refuses to debate me and I am back to yard signs and word of mouth.

I went to the Republican headquarters on March 20 with the intention of having a couple of my signs put in the window like Souder only to be told no. My signs are not allowed because they make a statement. What is the purpose of a campaign? Is it to just spin the answers and say nothing? Is it to put forth an issue and solutions?

Now we have blogs where the playing field becomes a bit more level. It becomes easier for candidates like myself to get the word out and communicate with voters.

If you are interested in what I stand for, please visit my website.

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

iP

Email

Resource Links

Blog Links

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Copyright 2006 ©. Indiana Pundit.
All Rights Reserved.